Goodwille is a forward-thinking, ambitious company dedicated to providing foreign businesses with the kind of professional services required to establish themselves and flourish in the UK. These include Corporate Legal, Finance, People Management, Payroll & Virtual Offices.
We are currently looking for an aspiring finance professional to join our Finance team in Warwick as a Financial Controller. As part of the Finance team at Goodwille, your job is to support our large client base of international clients, mainly from the Nordics and central Europe, with their UK Finances.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- your own portfolio of international clients
- day-to-day financial control support to your clients
- producing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports on behalf of your clients
- control over cash flow, preparation of accounts for audits, assist accountants with year-end work, and compile VAT returns and EC Sales Lists
- some task supervision, but this is a hands-on role with you being responsible for maintaining quality standards
Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller and primarily working with your colleagues in the Finance team, you will also find yourself liaising with all other departments, such as HR, Payroll and Corporate Legal departments on a regular basis, attending frequent team, company and client meetings.
Having a professionally recognised accountancy equalisation is desirable, as well as the kind of excellent communication and customer focus skills that will allow you to explain financial information to the team and, more importantly, your clients at all levels. An excellent working knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft office (particularly excel) are essential.
We are a strong and diverse team, so being sociable, engaging and communicative is important as we put a lot of emphasis on team and company culture. International or cross-border experience would be an advantage. An international language is not mandatory, although being able to speak an additional language would be beneficial.
In joining us, you will become part of a modern, forward-thinking and inclusive organisation, capable of offering a stimulating environment in which to accelerate your career in finance and accounting.
This is your chance to join #TeamGoodwille – check us out on Instagram. When you join Goodwille you get access to a whole range of employee benefits, all designed to ensure an enjoyable work/life balance. Some benefits for all employees include:
- Office fruit every week
- Employee perks, rewards & benefits including discounts on supermarkets (Sainsbury’s, Tesco etc.) high street stores (Topshop, John Lewis etc.) & gyms
- Complimentary phone insurance, as we know how important it is to stay connected
- Access to a well-being & lifestyle platform, including eating advice, exercise routines and yoga videos
- Generous social budget for team lunches, parties and for you to hang out with colleagues.
Job type: Permanent, full time
Salary: Depending on experience/skill set