Goodwille provide essential business services to overseas companies looking to enter, grow or scale in the UK. These services include Corporate Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll & Virtual Offices.
We are currently looking for an experienced Corporate Legal Controller to join our Corporate Legal team in London. As a Corporate Legal Controller at Goodwille, you will manage your own portfolio of clients and work closely with the Head of Department to deliver new/existing services and grow the business.
Key responsibilities include
- Provide point of reference for initial legal advice of clients
- Provide corporate legal service offering, including;
- Drafting corporate agreements
- Share option schemes registration
- Corporate restructure support
- Liaise with and further develop relationships with Professional Support Partners
- Staying updated on legal developments and changes to UK laws and regulations and assist with the development of CoSec bulletin on legal developments
- Performance of Company Secretarial role (incorporations and statutory filings, HMRC registrations)
- Work with the KYC/compliance team and optimising existing processes
- Provide point of reference for compliance team and oversee day-to-day work
- Ensuring application of best practices as required by client profiles
- Assist the head of department in managing the CoSec team’s daily processes and long-term development
- Mentoring and coaching members of department
- Possibility to drive clients’ legal business development
- Project development in accordance with legal requirements and market sentiments
- New Client Acquisition
- Taking an active part in winning new business, and developing existing relationships
- Represent the department and company at networking events
To succeed in this role, you should be educated to degree level, preferably in a legal or business discipline with further Company Secretary qualifications (e.g. ICSA, MSC Corporate Governance). We believe that you have experience of working in an international environment and coaching/supervising team member. Experience of client relationship management and technical company secretarial know-how, as well as experience working with company secretarial software (preferably Blueprint OneWorld) is essential. While fluency in English is a must, being able to speak an additional (Nordic) would be an advantage.
We are a strong and diverse team, so being sociable and engaging is important as we put a lot of emphasis on team and company culture. This is a client-facing role, so being communicative with a high level of cultural awareness and the ability to build and develop new and existing relationships with clients and partners is highly valued.
In joining us, you will become part of a modern and inclusive organisation, capable of offering a stimulating environment where you will be working with a diverse range of client companies and given the opportunity to develop the team and department which you will be part of.
This is your chance to join #TeamGoodwille – check us out on Instagram. When you join Goodwille you get access to a whole range of employee benefits, all designed to ensure an enjoyable work/life balance. Some benefits for all employees include:
- Office fruit every week
- Employee perks, rewards & benefits including discounts on supermarkets (Sainsbury’s, Tesco etc.), high street stores (Topshop, John Lewis etc.) & gyms
- Office massages twice yearly
- Complimentary phone insurance, as we know how important it is to stay connected
- Access to the well-being & lifestyle platform, including eating advice, exercise routines and yoga videos
- Generous social budget for team lunches, parties and for you to hang out with colleagues
Job type: Permanent, full time
Location: Kensington, West London
Salary: Depending on experience/skill set