Do’s and Don’ts when starting up a business in the UK
Goodwille support foreign businesses with expert knowledge on how to run their UK operations. Launching a new business in the UK require an understanding of the market, the people and the business environment, and we have many partners in our network that offer complimentary services to us that can support your market entry. One of these partners are Rochester PR, a PR agency specialised in market entry PR.
Earlier in 2018, Rochester PR released the book ‘Are you ready for business in the UK?’ which is a collection of advice, thoughts, comments and observations from firms operating in London on how to enjoy and make the most of setting up a business in the UK, and especially in London.
Having over 20 years of experience supporting and advising foreign businesses in the UK, Goodwille were asked to contribute to the book with our best advice on how to succeed on the UK market. These are our CEO Alexander Goodwille’s Do’s and Don’ts when starting up a business in the UK:
- Take specialist advice, don’t just wing it! Things can get difficult and expensive if you get it wrong.
- Research your competition. It’s a competitive market.
- Network! Tap into everywhere you can get help – nothing work better than a personal introduction.
- Don’t make assumptions! What works at home may not work in the UK.
- Don’t rush. Plan and budget – but if it’s new technology you need to be first to market.
- Don’t underestimate how important it is to get agreements right, especially employee and supplier contracts.
So… Are you ready for business in the UK? Goodwille has over 20 years experience helping foreign businesses establish in the UK. We can help making your transition into the UK market smooth and efficient and make sure you’re equipped with the advice you need to succeed with your business. Get in touch with us today to find out how we can support you.
Do you want a copy of the full book ‘Are you ready for business in the UK’?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort it!