For businesses to operate legally in the UK, if you have begun to employ people (PAYE), have a taxable turnover over £85,000 (VAT), or working with contractors (CIS) then you may need to register with HM Revenue & Customs. By outsourcing these legalities to Goodwille, we can ensure you are set up correctly. 

Once you have registered with HMRC, they will be expecting you to make returns to them. Goodwille can support you with the ongoing returns once you are registered for PAYE, VAT or CIS.

It is important to note that as a business services provider helping to set up subsidiaries & UK establishments, we do not give any tax advice as to the best company structure for your business.

We can recommend our trusted and favoured partner for this advice, but we do not provide this as a service directly by Goodwille. However, once you have sought the advice from a tax specialist, we can help to set up your chosen route to the UK market.

VAT can be complex and it can be difficult to get the VAT returns right whether you are a UK native or are operating in the UK from overseas. 

In order to ensure that businesses pay the correct amount of VAT, we abide by the latest legislation of Making Tax Digital (MTD). This came into effect in April 2019 to be sure that companies are keeping track of their tax contributions. 

If businesses are supplying directly into the UK from their overseas operation, Goodwille can register the foreign entity for VAT, otherwise we would register their UK subsidiary or permanent establishment.   

The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) is where contractors deduct money from a subcontractors’ payments to give it to HMRC. This way, the subcontractor has advanced paid their tax and National Insurance contributions.

Once you are registered for CIS, you have to make CIS returns periodically to HMRC. Goodwille can support you with these returns as part of our ongoing finance function. Find out more here.

Vidou Motee
Vidou supports clients with both day-to-day administrative tasks, such as the drafting of corporate documentation and ensuring statutory deadlines are met, as well as more complex matters such as VAT and other registrations, corporate insurance requirements, health & safety advice and other regulatory compliance matters. Being a central point of contact for all her clients, she further supports them by providing any additional assistance or advice as may be required.