Goodwille is a forward-thinking, ambitious company dedicated to providing essential business services to overseas companies looking to enter, grow & scale in the UK. These services include Corporate Legal, Finance, People Management, Payroll & Virtual Offices.
We are currently recruiting a Chartered Secretary, to join our Central London based team. The Company Secretarial Team instils Corporate Governance best practices and helps our clients comply with their obligations under Company Law & other regulations.
Within your role you will be responsible for:
- Building relationships with clients across various jurisdictions & industries
- Establishing UK Companies and Branches
- Arranging Know Your Client (“KYC”) and People with Significant Control (“PSC”) documentation and liaising with various providers, advisers and banks
- Assisting with the UK aspects of corporate reorganisations, mergers & acquisitions, rationalisations, strike-offs, and collaborating with different function lines (HR, benefits, tax, finance, etc)
- Attending board meetings, minuting & advising on Corporate Governance
- Assisting with setting up & administering Employee Share Scheme
- Dealing with all Company Secretarial matters relating to your own portfolio of clients (share capital, shareholding structures etc)
- Advising Directors on their duties and responsibilities and ensuring they are compliant with the statutes, constitutional documents and their company’s internal governance policies
- Drafting & reviewing departmental policies & procedures
- Keeping abreast of company secretarial best practice in company law and governance; proposing, implementing and communicating change, as necessary, within the company and to clients.
- Supervising & mentoring junior colleagues
- Supporting other departments with ad-hoc requests
The applicant must possess strong academic credentials (minimum of ACIS / ACG level), be a good communicator, both orally and in writing, and be able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity.
Reporting to the Head of Company Secretarial it would be advantageous if the applicant has experience working in a professional services firm in a client facing role, preferably with an international client base. The candidate must be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge and in-depth knowledge of the Companies Act 2006, together with accompanying relevant regulations.
Although an international language is not mandatory, being able to speak a Nordic language would be advantageous. In joining us, you will become part of a modern, forward-thinking and inclusive organisation, capable of offering a stimulating environment for you to grow & develop in.
This is your chance to join #teamgoodwille – check us out on Instagram. When you join Goodwille you get access to a whole range of employee benefits, all designed to ensure an enjoyable work/life balance. Some benefits for all employees include:
- Office fruit every week
- Employee perks, rewards & benefits including discounts on supermarkets (Sainsburys, Tesco etc.) high street stores (Topshop, John Lewis etc) & gyms.
- Complimentary phone insurance, as we know how important it is to stay connected
- Access to the well-being & lifestyle platform, including eating advice, exercise routines and yoga videos
- Generous social budget, for team lunches, parties or for you to hang out with colleagues.
- Company Massages
Job type: Permanent, full time
Location: Kensington, West London
Salary: Depending on experience/skill set
If you like the sound of this vacancy and all the features and benefits you get by being part of a team like Goodwille, then please contact email@example.com